25/06/2010

Retail Therapy

Do not let the title be misleading... my recent session of retail therapy with my friend Jo turned out to be not so successful! For those of you who live in or around Kent, you will probably have heard of the shopaholic's haven; Bluewater in Greenhithe. With all the shops you could possibly want (minus Primark) under one roof, you are guaranteed to end up spending a huge chunk of your monthly payslip. Don't be fooled.
Wednesday turned out to be the hottest day I'd ever experienced in my car, I picked my friend up and we headed for Bluewater with every intention of buying all the necessities for prom. Jo's shopping trip? Successful. She managed to get a pair of shoes and a handbag to match her dress. Me? Nothing. However, every story has to have a positive right? I had a few:
  • I got to spend time with my friend after not seeing her for ages due to the recent dreaded exams
  • My mum had given me money for a Pandora charm
  • I got a complimentary Krispy Kreme doughnut
  • I found a pair of shoes in New Look that were brilliant, but not in my size (until I went on the website! Thank goodness for the net)
Also, the Miss Selfridge sale? I tried on 3 dresses that I absolutely ADORED on the website, thinking they were a bit pricey at full price. In the sale? Perfect price. Yet when I tried them on, they didn't seem to fit properly! I was completely devastated. I'd love to know if anyone's managed to find some good pieces in the recent sales?

I'll leave you with a photo of what I wore:

Dress - Dorothy Perkins, Bag - Primark, Socks - DIY, Brogues - Ebay

Have a good weekend!
Nikki, xo.

7 comments:

  1. love the outfit, very chic. and diy socks? details please! i hope you find some wonderful pieces on your next shopping trip, nikki! :)

    love, jazzabelle. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. zara sale was epic. shame about miss selfridge - they're usually so good! Love you outfit, the socks are perfect.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh i love your socks!! they look super cute! so does your dress and i love your purse!!! i have been wanting a brown one for ages now, i hope your next shopping trip goes a bit better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable outfit. Love the frilly socks. Super cute!

    http://stylebouquet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww thank you everyone :]
    I didn't even think of the Zara sale! Damn.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice outfit!
    your blog is gorgeous (:

    come visit mine sometime?

    www.makeandbelieve-elke.blogspot.com

    x

    ReplyDelete

I really do enjoy reading your comments, and will do my best to reply to all of them!