15/06/2010

Jazzabelle's Dress

Today has been quite successful! This morning I had a Maths A-level module retake. I'd done every past exam question I could find in the days running up to it so I felt pretty ready, when I finally finished the paper I felt that perhaps I had improved on the C grade I got in January! So fingers crossed for results day! Not so sure about the rest of the exams to come... Oh well.

Enough about exams and school, I have a recently-ish new dress to show you. One of the blogs I follow, Jazzabelle's Diary, started a shop and had a few LOVELY items. I'd seen a Topshop day dress in Glamour magazine around a year ago and had always been on the look out for it in the shop but gave up hope pretty quickly. When I stumbled upon the dress in Jazzabelle's Shop I knew I had to buy it. And at a meer £6 it was a non-hesitant buy. She was quick to despatch and was a truly pleasant merchant. When I came home from a trip to Brighton, I came home to a cute little package that contained my dress inside.


What I wore: Dress - Jazzabelle's shop, Knee highs - New Look, Brogues - Ebay

The dress is probably a bit too short for my 5 foot 7 frame to be claimed as a dress that can be worn with bare legs. But it's perfect for tights, leggings or shorts. The first time I wore this dress was to Frankie and Benny's for an anniversary meal with my boyfriend, trust me to spill chocolate sauce down it!

Now I need to go and watch the rest of Mary Queen of Shops (in preparation of owning my own business one day) followed by How to Look Good Naked with revision in the breaks. Are any of you hooked by these shows too? I hope I'm not the only one!

15 comments:

  1. your dress is great, love the print of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you've styled the dress with the socks! Looks great on you!
    I did A-Level maths so I know how hard it is. Good luck with your results!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much to both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a cute dress, love the fabric.
    Follow you, wanna follow me?
    Xoxo. Angie

    Styleninfa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like how you've styled the dress. Socks and brogues are a fave combo of mine lately :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking lovely, and what a bargain! I always seem to be extra clumsy when I'm dressed really nicely... Forever spilling drinks down myself!
    You just reminded me I still need to watch the latest Mary Queen of Shops! Have only started watching it this series but loved the first episode! I never get why people that have applied for her help don't take her advice...
    Thanks for your lovely comment on my Tues tip post :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this dress, and it looks great with the knee high socks! I remember seeing it in a few magazines last summer too, wish I'd bought it at the time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love mary queen of shops! Love how you've styled this dress :) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your dress is so cute! Love the blog :) i'm following ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. a level maths? gosh you are brave! hope all your exams go okay! you look nice in this outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. you look LOVELY! sorry it took me so long to reply, i thought i was already following you. i'm so glad you like your dress!

    love, jazzabelle. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh i love your dress!!!! it is so so so pretty!! the pattern is so lovely, and i love your knee socks they look so great with the dress that is such a good idea, very inspired to try that!!! also the floral print on your layout is amazing to!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you all! Aww they're really cute comments that have made me smile! :]

    ReplyDelete

I really do enjoy reading your comments, and will do my best to reply to all of them!